Mastercard Alerts and Controls - be in the know about your debit card transactions!
- Purchases over a selected amount
- International purchases
- Online and phone purchase where the card is not physically present
- Declined transactions
- And many more!
Active Controls give you the ability to turn your FSB Debit Mastercard off and on!
Quick Tutorial - Setting up your Active Alerts & Controls
- The first time you visit this site, you need to register by clicking on Register Now.
- Enter your debit card number and a username that you'd like to use.
- Read the Terms and Conditions, click the Checkbox to accept them, and then click Continue to proceed.
- Now, you need to enter your FSB Debit Mastercard Expiration Date (2-digit month and 4-digit year) and your Zip Code. Then, click Continue.
- Then, you'll set your Password for accessing the Mastercard Alerts.
- If you’ve already registered, you'll just use your User ID and Password to log in.
Once you’re logged in, you can set up your Active Alerts Destinations by selecting whether you'd like Email, Phone or Both types of notifications. Once you choose, you'll enter your email and or phone number and click on Update Destination.
Now, you want to set up which types of alerts you want by clicking on the Locations, Limits or Transaction Type dropdowns and making your selections. Be sure to click on the Save button as you make your updates.
Once you have your Alert settings in place, you’ll receive an email and/or text anytime those transactions within your alert parameters are triggered. You can always log back in to this page to adjust your settings if you need to.
Let’s say that you lose track of your FSB Debit Mastercard, or you’re traveling, and simply wish to turn your card off to be safe - FSB now gives you control of your card for those situations within this Mastercard Alert module.
Note that blocking your cards is only for temporary situations – if you actually lose your card, and can’t locate it within a few days, you may need to cancel it completely and order a new one. During business hours, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., you can call us at (800) 600-7117 to let us know about your lost or stolen card. If not during business hours, you can call Mastercard’s Lost/Stolen hotline at (800) 523-4175.
Also, please be aware that locking your card will only stop new transactions. If you have recurring transactions set up on your card for subscriptions or recurring payments, those will not be stopped.
Use the instructions in the Active Alerts section above to register your card for Mastercard Alerts and Controls.
- Log in to your Mastercard Alerts with your username and password.
- Simply click on the toggle where it says Lock Card.
- Once you've located your card, or are ready to use it again, you just click the toggle again to unlock it.